Infrastructure Consulting & Support
Oberon IT certified engineers plan, design, implement, and support your computing infrastructure. Leveraging expertise from client system environments to full enterprise computing infrastructures including high-availability, disaster recovery and storage area networks, Oberon can integrate and support your complete operating environments including Windows, Novell, and Sun Solaris.Data Warehousing
Data Warehousing is not a new phenomenon. All large organizations already have data warehouses, but they are just not managing them. Over the next few years, the growth of data warehousing is going to be enormous with new products and technologies coming out frequently. In order to get the most out of this period, it is going to be important that data warehouse planners and developers have a clear idea of what they are looking for and then choose strategies and methods that will provide them with performance today and flexibility for tomorrow.Typical data warehouse application users:
- Executives and managers
- "Power" users (business and financial analysts, engineers, etc.)
- Support users (clerical, administrative, etc.)
- Operational Database / External Database Layer
- Information Access Layer
- Data Access Layer
- Data Directory (Metadata) Layer
- Process Management Layer
- Application Messaging Layer
- Data Warehouse Layer
- Data Staging Layer
- Developing a Data Warehouse Strategy Evolving a Data Warehouse Architecture Designing Data Warehouses Managing Data Warehouses Future Developments Business Intelligence Solution Offerings
- Software Evaluations
- Data Warehouse/Data Marts
- Master Data Management
- Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
- Executive Dashboards
Data Warehousing is such a new field that it is difficult to estimate what new developments are likely to most affect it. Clearly, the development of parallel DB servers with improved query engines is likely to be one of the most important. Parallel servers will make it possible to access huge data bases in much less time. Another new technology is data warehouses that allow for the mixing of traditional numbers, text and multi-media. The availability of improved tools for data visualization (business intelligence) will allow users to see things that could never be seen before.Managed Services
OberonIT Managed Services Provider (MSP) offering lowers administrative costs, increases "up-time," and provides piece of mind for both its institutional and commercial customers. The MSP provides 24 hours a day 7 days a week application and network monitoring, fault detection, fault management, notification services, and remote diagnostics. It can work with your carrier(s) and equipment vendors to resolve circuit outages on your organization's behalf.Continuity/Disaster Recovery and Data Recovery
Nobody expects the worst to happen, but good business continuity strategies mean that if some disaster does strike, your business is protected, you can carry on as if nothing ever happened.
The fundamental factor in determining a disaster recover plan is to understanding your costs of downtime. The more your business loses when a facility is down or system offline is the fundamental driver of your disaster recovery strategy.
- What data is important to my business?
- How quickly do I need to have it back?
- Where should my recovery data be kept?
- Can I be confident that my plan will work when I need it?
- Is the data in the right format for me to quickly use?
- Assessment services to review your organization's current continuity plans, the existing and necessary capacities and requirements of your various IT elements, right down to your organizations readiness to implement a plan.
- Ability to bring new and unique solutions to the table—for example, mobile or portable data centers that can be brought in to replace a facility damaged or destroyed by storm, fire, or other disaster.
- Implementation of your disaster recovery strategy, from equipment recommendations to installation and turn-up. Preparations to ensure staff readiness for disaster situations.
Nobody expects a disaster to strike. But good businesses plan anyway. Depending on your business, the cost of an outage is far greater than the cost of a sound, strategic disaster recovery program.
Key To Success
Enhance your company's Capabilities by Implementing the right technology at the right time in the right place is the key to success. We will help you to decide which technologies are right for your business.